Many people suffer from liver ailments, and the count increases with each day. In case you think that there is a common liver disorder, then you are mistaken. The liver is the biggest internal organ of your body, and it can get harmed, infected, and can suffer end-stage disorders if you are careless.
Liver problems might indeed be life-threatening. However, if the prognosis is done on time, and you avail treatment on time, you can live a healthy life. If you are already in the last stage of the liver disorder, you have to undergo liver transplant surgery for the recovery. Liver transplant is the last option when no other treatment helps you with the healing.
Now, it can be an expensive procedure, and even not affordable for all. To get the pocket-friendly and successful treatment, you can plan your healthcare travel to India. Liver Transplant Surgery Cost in India is minimum compared to other parts of the world.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Issues?
Individuals who possess liver disease might experience below-mentioned symptoms:
- Jaundice – Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Extensive Itching
- Gary- or that of clay-coloured bowel movements
- Dark, tea-coloured urine
- Ascites – An abnormal build-up of fluid in the abdomen
- Mental confusion or that of forgetfulness
- Tendency to bleed
- Vomiting having blood
- Blood in the stool
Why is the Liver Transplant Needed?
Some liver issues are severe enough to ask for a liver transplant, and it might be due to several reasons. There is a specific eligibility criterion that is set for a liver transplant. Eventually, the transplantation team takes into consideration the type of liver disease, outcomes of the person’s blood test, and the person’s health issues to determine who is an appropriate applicant for transplantation.
In adults, cirrhosis from hepatitis C, biliary disease, alcoholism, or other severe reasons can lead to the need for transplantation. In children and adolescents younger than 18 years, the most prevalent cause for liver transplantation is biliary atresia that is a significant development of the bile ducts. Laboratory test results and clinical or health problems are used to decide the eligibility of an individual for a liver transplant.
Some symptoms generally occur in a patient when the liver proves to be extremely damaged and forms scar tissue, a situation called cirrhosis. It can be revealed through the following indications.
- General clinical and quality-of-life hint for a liver transplant include ascites, or that of fluid in the belly because of stomach failure.
- In the initial stage of this problem, ascites might be controlled with medicines to enhance urine output and with dietary modifications (restricting salt intake).
- Another serious consequence of liver disease is hepatic encephalopathy. It is drowsiness, mental confusion, and even inappropriate behaviour because of liver damage.
- Infection in the abdomen, known as bacterial peritonitis, is a life-threatening issue. It emerges when bacteria or other organisms develop in the ascites fluid.
Well, the average cost of a liver transplant is not too high in India. You should plan your treatment if there is a need for the same. Make sure that you keep your liver in the best health to maintain the quality of life. Delay in the treatment might lead to undesired results. Make sure you avail the procedure under the best hospital and an experienced doctor.